Community Resources

Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)

The Public Employees’ Retirement System’s website is intended to inform members, retirees, and the general public of the functions and benefits of the retirement system. The PERS website provides information regarding membership, retirement benefits, and the PERS investment program.

Carson City: 775-687-4200
Las Vegas: 702-486-3900
Toll Free: 1-866-473-7768

Retired Public Employees of Nevada (RPEN)

RPEN is a membership association that protects the interests of retirees and eligible employees still working and covered by the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS).

Carson City: 775-882-7832

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is part of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). CMS administers Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and the Health Insurance Marketplace.

1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)

Silver State Health Insurance Exchange (Nevada Health Link)

Nevada Health Link is an organization created by the State of Nevada offering income-based health insurance plans, tailored to your specific needs and budget. It is the state-based insurance exchange under the Affordable Care Act.

1-855-7NVLINK (1-855-768-5465)

State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)

SHIP provides information, counseling and assistance to Medicare Beneficiaries in Nevada involving a statewide network of volunteers.

SHIP Volunteers offer FREE one-on-one assistance and counseling with respect to many problems seniors encounter regarding Medicare, supplemental health insurance and long-term care options.

Carson City: 775-687-4210
Las Vegas: 702-486-3478
Customer Service: 1-800-307-4444

Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP)

The Division of Health Care Financing and Policy works in partnership with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to assist in providing quality medical care to eligible individuals and families with low incomes and limited resources. Services are provided through a combination of traditional fee-for-service provider networks and managed care.

Las Vegas: 702-668-4200
Reno: 775-687-1900
Carson City: 775-684-3676
Elko: 775-753-1191

Contact the Social Security Administration to request a Social Security number and card (or a replacement card), apply for Social Security retirement or disability benefits, apply for Medicare, apply for other benefits, and request forms and publications.

1-800-772-1213 or TYY 1-800-328-0778
Reno: 1-800-352-1605
Las Vegas: 702-248-8717

Social Security and Medicare Publications

Visit the Social Security Administration's website to find social security and Medicare publications.

Social Security and Medicare Forms

Visit the Social Security Administration's website to find social security and Medicare forms.

Advocates for Elders

The Aging and Disability Services Division’s Advocates for Elders Program provides advocacy and assistance to frail older adults who are 60 years of age or older, primarily homebound, and living in the community. It also provides resources and information to any older adult, their family and friends, and community and advocacy groups.

Las Vegas: 702-486-3545
Reno: 775-688-2964
Carson City: 775-687-4210
Elko: 775-738-1966

From understanding addiction, to tools to help you find the right rehab facility for you, this site provides everything you or your loved one needs to start and succeed in recovery. exists to empower people with all the resources and tools they need to start or continue on their journey of recovery. Addiction presents unique challenges for everyone, but with the help and support of other people, anyone can overcome.

To get started in recovery, the first step is to find a rehab facility that will be the right fit for your unique situation – including your level of addiction, your budget, and your availability.