What is the Consumer Driven Health Plan Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)?

Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) are PEBP-owned pass-through accounts established on behalf of eligible CDHP primary participants. HRA funds may be used to pay for qualified medical expenses.

Categories: CDHP with HSA or HRA, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)

What is the Medicare Exchange Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)?

The Medicare Exchange HRA is a pass-through account for eligible Medicare retirees enrolled in a supplemental medical plan through Via Benefits. Contributions to the Medicare Exchange HRA are determined by three criteria: the date of hire, the date of retirement, and the qualifying years of service (5-20 years). HRA funds may be used to reimburse retirees for qualified medical expenses, health plan premiums, and Medicare Part B premiums.

Categories: Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Medicare, Retirees

How long do I have to submit an eligible receipt for reimbursement from my HRA?

Requests for reimbursement must be submitted within one year (12 months) from the date the service(s) where incurred.

Categories: CDHP with HSA or HRA, Medicare & Retirees

I am enrolled in the Medicare Exchange with an HRA. How long do I have to request reimbursement from the date-of-service?

The Exchange-HRA has a timely filing period of 365 days from the date of service.

Categories: Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), & Medicare

My spouse is a state employee with an HRA. I am a new employee and plan to enroll in the CDHP with an HSA, am I eligible to contribute to an HSA?

If your spouse has an HRA, you are disqualified from establishing and/or contributing to an HSA per the IRS.

Categories: CDHP with HSA or HRA, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), & Health Savings Account (HSA)

What is the FSA? Does it have anything to do with the HSA or HRA?

Non-state and NSHE employees are ineligible for the PEBP sponsored FSA but may be eligible through a similar program offered by their employer. The HealthCare FSA is a tax-free account that allows a person to pay for essential health care expenses that are not covered or are partially covered by your medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. The FSA plan year is July 1 through June 30 of the following year. Flexible Spending Account open enrollment is usually held in May each year. To participate in an FSA, you must enroll during open enrollment each year for the upcoming plan year, within 60 days of your hire date, or during certain qualifying life events. For more information regarding FSAs contact UMR at 1-888-763-8232.

The FSA is a use it or lose it account and the HSA/HRA rolls over from year to year, month to month. The FSA allows for a limited amount of funds to roll over from year to year.

An HSA is a Health Savings Account that also receives tax-free contributions from PEBP but also allows the participant to make voluntarily contributions to their HSA through pre-tax payroll deductions. If you leave State service, the money will stay with you until it is spent by you. Not everyone is eligible for an HSA.

An HRA is a Health Reimbursement Arrangement with only PEBP contributions. You are not eligible to make your own contributions to this account. If you leave State service, this money will revert to the State. Everyone enrolled in the CDHP PPO plan is eligible for an HRA.

Categories: CDHP with HSA or HRA, EPO, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), HMO, LD